Friday, March 20, 2009

Convert your Live Meeting recordings to WMV format

 

Convert your Live Meeting recordings to WMV format

New Conversion Tool

A new conversion tool just came out that takes a Live Meeting recording package (service or OCS server) and converts it to a WMV file.  This allows you to stream your OCS meeting to playback.  Benefits include multi-cast support, multiple bit-rate playback,

image

easier SharePoint integration using “Links” web part.

Coverts standard LM recording such as this:

image

To a single video file:

image

Download the tool here.

I tested a OCS 2007 recording yesterday (audio only, no video) and came up with the following results:

Meeting length:  1 hr 16m 

Audio-only recording with some app-sharing:

· 1024x768  741mb (default), 10mb/min

· 640x480 371mb, 5mb/min

· 320x240 128mb, 1.7mb/min

Lecture On Demand

I have seen a lot of interest in Education for playback of Live Meeting lectures and meetings. Some schools are posting the Live Meeting lectures to SharePoint and and using technologies like VidiTalk or Windows Media Services to stream the lecture to a PC or a mobile device on demand.

image

I have also seen schools incorporate recorded Live Meeting Lectures with the free Pod Casting Kit for SharePoint (above) to enable students to download the lecture to their iPod or Zune players.

Published Friday, March 20, 2009 10:36 AM by markga

The Three UC Amigos : Convert your Live Meeting recordings to WMV format

3 comments:

Will said...

Interesting. Thanks for pointing this tool out.

Million Thompson said...

Will this tool help me?

So my new job started. The company provided me with a computer with a Windows Server 2008 operating system and they told me I should watch some Live Meeting recorded instructions and demonstrations about how the system works that I will be working on.

Live Meeting, in case you don’t know, has a very cool feature where you can record a power point and video demonstration and play it back later. The problem is that the video part does not work for a 64 bit operating system like Windows Server 2008. An error prompts you to download an MSA1 codec.

After a few attempts to solve the problem, I asked the administrative assistant for a second computer which she gave me. But it turns out the only one I got was one with a Vista 64 bit operating system and I found I still had the same problem with the new computer.

I have a 32 bit Vista operating system computer at home so I took the files home to see if I could run the Live Meeting recordings there. To my shock, I got the same error.

That is the problem I have. Now here are my questions. Where in the world do I get the codec for MSA1? How do I install delete this linefile on my computer? Surely there must be some sort of work-around for the computers with the 64 bit operating system. What are these work-arounds? I have searched the internet and I have yet to find a solution.

Mihai said...

Link to download is outdated. But post is still great.
Here new link
https://support.office.com/en-au/article/Download-the-Recording-Converter-for-Microsoft-Office-Live-Meeting-2007-ac80834b-ba38-4380-b793-ae136a662eaf

Blog Archive