Elevate America: A Skills Stimulus Program
Pamela Passman, our Corporate Vice President for Global Corporate Affairs, announced a new initiative yesterday:
Elevate America provides unemployed American workers with immediate access to free and low-cost tools and training designed to build critical job skills needed in today’s economy.
I’m very proud of my team’s contributions: Microsoft Learning will provide one million training and certification vouchers to help individuals acquire and hone skills, differentiate themselves, and get a job.
Additionally, all Americans can now access a new online resource to find information and resources that will help them obtain necessary technical skills for jobs today and in the future. Participating state and local governments can also choose from a selection of offerings to make available to their citizens through designated partners.
Key Microsoft Learning components of Elevate America include:
- Expanded access to basic technology literacy and skills training
- Basic level information technology training resources through Digital Literacy and Microsoft Unlimited Potential
- Intermediate technology skills training courses, online and instructor-led, plus selected certification exams
- Vouchers for elearning course collections offered by Microsoft
- Vouchers for certification exams leading to Microsoft Business Certification
- Grants of cash and software to community partners to build in classroom training capacity
- Discounted membership rates for ITAcademy program participating institutions
- Access to a new web portal that will help guide individuals to training and resources that position them for success in the economy today, and tomorrow
Published Monday, February 23, 2009 8:06 AM by Krosen