Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Office Migration and Planning Manager (OMPM)

 

Office Migration and Planning Manager (OMPM)

Ok, If you are an IT guy/gal responsible for deploying Office 2007 to your corporate environment… chances are, you are asking yourself “hmmm… how do I know if I will encounter any compatibility issues with the new file format?”  or “How can I identify all of the office files in my environment and tell if each file has macros?” , or “I’d like to take advantage of the incredible 30% – 60% file size reduction by converting my existing ‘binary’ files to the new format”…

Lucky for you, we have just the tool to help you…   Welcome to the wonderful world of OMPM! 
I recommend you start by watching the below On-Demand ‘labcast’!!! 

New 2007 Microsoft Office System Planning and Migration Tools - Office Migration Planning Manager

After completing this labcast on-demand, you will be better able to install and configure Office Migration Planning Manager (OMPM), perform a scan on a user system, review the results of that scan, and convert documents with no issues to the new file formats.

Published Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:12 PM by bwhichel

Brent Whichel - Everything Office : Office Migration and Planning Manager (OMPM)

No comments:

Blog Archive