How to download the MDOP 2009 / App-V 4.5 CU1 from MSDN
So your a partner/IT Pro or just a developer that has access to MSDN but no access to Volume Licensing! hmmmmmm How do I get the MDOP 2009 for testing!? I want to test App-V 4.5 CU1?? I want to test MED-V?? etc etc
I hear this a lot, and get emailed a lot with this question so i thought i would blog it!
Firstly you need to get msdn access (in other words you need to buy a subscription!)
1. Go to http://www.msdn.com
2. Click to My MSDN Subscription and click the subscription Benefit “Download and Product Keys – VS Pro with MSDN Premium (Retail)
3. Log-in using Passport account
3. Once logged in, look under the Search Products section on the left hand side
4) Now under the categories we are looking for the Server section, under this section you will see the Desktop Optimisation Pack.
5) Once you select that you will have a new pane on the right under Downloads, the latest version of this is Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack 2009 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English) , click the download to the right and that’s it! away you go!!
Now you should be able to download the MDOP and start playing and testing all the cool MDOP 2009 tools. Which Includes App-V 4.5 CU1!
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 3:53 PM by Justin Zarb